Select your desired test content from the test resources view.
Choose this action icon(publish test) to publish your test. A special publish view will open, allowing you to republish the content. The publish view also gives you an overview of all existing publications and related actions.
To create a new publication and thus a new web link for the test, select the function. The configuration window for your publication opens, allowing you to configure individual settings. If you confirm the dialogue at the end, the new publication will then be displayed in the overview.
Configuration of the web link
The most crucial piece of information for your publication is the web link, as it gives the participants access to the test. You may also customise the link path. Just adopt the displayed suggestion or add your own ending to the link.
Configuration of access restrictions
The web link provides access to the test. This means the test is basically open to anyone who knows the web link. The published test can be performed by the participants as often as desired. You may however restrict access by setting a password and/or defining an availability period.
If you set a password, the test will only be accessible and executable for participants who know the web link and password.
If you set a date, the test will only be accessible and executable within the configured time period. You can specify from which date and/or until which date the test should be available.
Configuration of running tests
You may customise the test procedure according to your usage scenario. For your test scenario, decide which feedback and evaluation information you wish to display to the test participants while running the test. A detailed description of the configuration parameters can be found in the help section Test procedure configuration.
Manage and evaluate publications
The publish view gives you an overview of all existing publications and related actions.
You can see the following general information for each publication:
Published: Date on which the test was published under the web link
Last start: Date on which a participant last accessed the test using the web link and performed the test
Starts: Number of test starts performed by the participants using the web link
Results: Number of results available for the test. If participants have cancelled or did not complete the attempt, the result will not be saved. Therefore, the number of results can be less than the number of test starts.
The following actions are additionally available to you with each publication:
- Test start: Click the link to open the test in a new browser tab. This way of starting a test is considered a normal test start. Every time the view is refreshed, the number of test starts increases accordingly.
- Show evaluation: The ONYX Editor provides various evaluations:
- Results view: The results view lists all completed attempts. You can view detailed information about the participants’ answers and assessments for each attempt.
- Statistical evaluation: The statistical evaluation gives an overview of the average assessments, the distribution of correct and incorrect answers as well as the frequency and occurrence of individual participant answers.
- Results export: The results export enables a detailed export of all results in XLS format.
If the test is conducted anonymously, no participant information such as first and last name will be available. To distinguish between individual attempts, e. g. in the results review, the date on which the tests were performed will be displayed.
If you should require an individual participant evaluation, you can, for example, leave particular classification criteria in a text entry or an extended text interaction (e. g. name, participant number, etc.). Alternatively, you can also create a separate test link for each participant.
- Enable/disable: Click on the action icon (enable) or (disable) to control access to your publication. If a publication is disabled, the test can no longer be accessed and run by the participant using the web link. Participants trying to use the link will be displayed a corresponding note.
- Delete results: Click on this action icon (delete results) to delete all results for this published test. Please note that you need to confirm the deletion process. This action is final: Once deleted, the results cannot be recovered.
- Delete: Click on this action icon (delete) to delete the published test and all related results. Please note that you need to confirm the deletion process. This action is final: Once deleted, the publication information for the test and the test results cannot be recovered.
Restriction of test starts
Depending on your licence, the number of test starts may be restricted. For more information about licencing and restricting test starts, see the help section Licencing.
Easy participant access for published test content
Test access to published test content is carried out by the participant opening a defined web link. To facilitate interactive live scenarios, such as on-site surveys in courses (audience response), you can also enable test participation for non-registered users through simplified access. To do this, participants go to the corresponding Onyx home page without logging in (e. g. https://bildungsportal.sachsen.de/onyxeditor) and switch to the Participate tab. Now all you have to do is pass on the established access code, and the participants can directly start the test or survey.